For whatever reason my Windows desktop profile is not reflected to my Citrix apps. So I get to figure out the settings that I’ve changed over the years all over again.
In Skype for Business I want a fixed width font and no emoji.
- Click the Settings menu in the main Skype window (the cog icon).
- Select IM on the left.
- Uncheck the box for Show emoticons in messages.
- Click the Change Font button and choose Consolas.
Windows Update has been getting stuck checking for new updates for the past several months. The automatic update somehow manages to complete, at least sometimes, but running a check manually doesn’t complete within a couple of days. It should be more like minutes, shouldn’t it? (more…)
I should have noted this Outlook tip with the fixed font one earlier:
- File > Options > Mail
- Scroll way down to the Message Format section
- Uncheck Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages
What are “extra line breaks” anyway? Removing them does bad things to code.
One less Outlook annoyance: How to show fixed font for plain text
- File > Options > Mail > Stationery and Fonts
- Set the font for plain text e-mails to a monospaced font (e.g. Consolas)
Why is this not the default…
Windows tries to use 6to4 and Teredo automatically, not always resulting in a good IPv6 experience. To disable both, execute these commands:
netsh interface ipv6 6to4 set state disabled
netsh interface teredo set state disabled
On Windows XP teredo isn’t a context inside interface, but rather a setting in ipv6:
netsh interface ipv6 set teredo disabled
Sources and more information: