I don’t usually call myself so I hadn’t until recently made note of my own caller ID not being what it should. Looking at CDR logs the caller ID on one of my phones changed in September 2012 from “my” extension to the extension of the phone device. (more…)
- Finally figured out why Startup: Never doesn’t work in Parallels: I was being bitten by Lion’s resume feature. To actually obey the startup and shutdown settings of each virtual machine, one needs to select Disable Resume for Parallels Desktop in its settings.
- After some too-frequent freezing of my Cisco 877 routers I’ve downgraded them from 15.1M to 12.4T. As they are EOL already, it’s time to look for replacements.
- DSM 4.3 has been released. A more complete list of new features can be found in the old beta announcement. Upgrades went smoothly. I think next time I should update all packages before upgrading DSM.
- How to create an L2TP IPsec tunnel to NetBSD so it works with your Android phone, iPhone or other iOS device, Mac OS X, and a bunch of other things as well.
- When I click on Preview in the WordPress editor, Fluid makes a
GETrequest to the web server. It still uses the action address specified in the
post.php), just not the
POSTmethod. But none of the form values are included, so I end up staring at a listing of all posts instead of the preview I wanted. Maybe it is getting confused by the fact that the
#post-preview“button” is actually an HTML link (an
clickevent of the link (see the