Character Set Conversions 1.1
This WordPress plugin is needed to operate a site using a character set other than UTF-8, if non-ASCII characters are used in themes or the administration interface. Generally all languages other than English use non-ASCII characters.
WordPress 2.0.1 or later (including 2.1 and 2.2).
- PHP 5 or later always includes the iconv functions.
- PHP 4 may need an additional module installed.
Most PHP installations include the iconv functionality by default.
Download charsets.php and save it in the
wp-content/plugins directory of your WordPress
installation. Activate the Character Set Conversions plugin in
the Plugins admin page.
You can now use the standard WordPress translations (for WordPress itself, themes and plugins) with any character set.
- All pages are blank! Help!
- Your PHP installation doesn’t seem to have the necessary
iconv functionality installed.
Simply delete the charsets.php file from the
wp-content/pluginsdirectory to restore original functionality of your site.
- Strange or invalid characters are displayed
- Check the spelling of the character set name in the WordPress settings. Also make sure your web server software is correctly configured for the character set you want to use.